A Community Developer - 2020 Public Summary

    I worked on some administration tasks such as updating my progress report, planning report, and master document. As a supervisor, I was required to attend all the meetings (Admin, Core, Team, and General) and check other employees’ reporting standards. I was also the lead for FACTSnet 15-30 where I updated the team progress report, planning report, and master document. On top of this, I updated the team members with the tasks we expect them to complete for the week. I make sure that I constantly check in with them regarding weekly progress and concerns they have for the tasks.     My main priority for this summer was to focus on Web Developments for the University of Calgary. I researched the Faculty of Science for this Post Secondary and put them together in a Web Review (U of C: Faculty of Science). I helped edit the Disability Review created by my peer. Although I did not put any content, I also edited the U of C: Faculty of Werklund Education and U of C: Faculty of Arts. All of these documents were then put into publishable. I also updated the Youth Organizations created by past employees and put them into a single document for cohesiveness (Youth Organizations). As part of my major project, I am currently working on the Newsletter: FACTSnet 15-30, also to be used and published.     As a second priority task this year, I was placed to work on checking Web Reviews done by other employees and making sure that there is consistency with the formatting and working links. These web reviews were created for Schools, Churches, Organizations, University Clubs, and the Communities in Alberta. I also worked on some school web reviews myself in Calgary Middle Schools. This task was continuous throughout my employment as other employees add more of their finished web reviews and I have been informed.     For the School web reviews, I completed all the Cut and Paste For High School, Middle Schools, Elementary Schools, and French Schools where the working links are put together based on their category. I started working on the School Master Contact List where I compiled contact information from each school for easy access.     As mentioned above, by working with FACTSnet this year, I was able to further develop my leadership capabilities, but I also learned how to effectively lead people with different personalities, even if I still need practice doing so. Also, I was able to work on my research skills and become more comfortable with leading people in my team. The DISC Report, which was one of the assignments that we were expected to finish this summer, helped me realize my personality type and how I can work well with other personality types. This became especially handy during meetings or collaborations with my peers. To read about my work from previous years, see my 2018/ 2019 Public Summary.

No comments:

Post a Comment